The days are short and dark, outside it is cold and uncomfortable. If only the frequent sports activities weren't on the list of good intentions, we could make ourselves comfy on the couch after work and at the weekend.
- The fresh air wakes you up. Anyone who goes for a run before work, starts the day with a clear head and charged energy reserves
- The cold strengthens the immune system and makes us resistant to diseases and viruses
- Fill your vitamin D store. The hours of sun are short in winter. So take every opportunity to soak up the sunshine and exercise in the fresh air
- Catch sunrises. Those who get out of bed early in the morning in winter are often rewarded with spectacular sunrises due to the clear air. Is there a better setting for a morning run?
- Sport in the cold makes you happy. Yes, you read it correctly. After a winter workout in the fresh air, the body releases the happiness hormones serotonin and dopamine. So you start the day in a good mood.
- Discover untouched nature and enjoy the peace and solitude. Many summer attractions and excursion destinations also have a very special appeal in winter. This is not only due to the lack of day trippers, but also the regenerating nature and the silence. Enjoy your favorite places in private.
- Enjoy the time in the fresh air and notice the changes around you. The trees have no leaves. Maybe this way you will spot a bird or two you have never seen before ...
- Set yourself partial goals. The cold makes the muscles stiff. Therefore, increase your training intensity only slowly to minimize the risk of injury
- Apply enough sunscreen. You can get sunburned even in winter
- Breathe through your nose and not through your mouth. In this way you protect your sensitive airways.
- Wear reflective clothing and a headlamp in the dark. So you will always be seen well by other road users and athletes
- Provide adequate hydration. Your workout may not be as sweaty as in summer, but the body demands a lot of water due to the dry winter air. So drink even if you don't feel thirsty. This is already an indicator of a lack of fluid.
Our new OGNX x Klean Kanteen bottles are the ideal companion and make drinking a lot easier.
- Don't force anything. If you're a newcomer to workout, take it easy. No professionals have fallen from the sky yet. Perhaps it is enough at the beginning if you simply take a walk and only gradually increase the pace and distances
- Don't run when it's icy outside. The risk of hurting yourself in a fall is too great